Featured Recipe: Salsa and Avocado Salad
One of my favorites! This easy dish is my “go-to” food when looking to enjoy something quick, healthy, and tasty. This dish takes very little skill but, some time to chop all the ingredients – it makes for a nice dish to prepare with friends or visiting with family. I chop and chat, they nibble and laugh – I hope you enjoy it too.
Serves – 6 (1 cup servings)
- 1 can – Black Beans (drained)
- 1 can – Kernel Corn (drained)
- 1 can – Black Olives (sliced)
- 1 Red Pepper – chopped and seeded
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper – chopped and seeded (use gloves or wash hands immediately to avoid getting the peppery oil into your eyes)
- 1 pint – Cherry Tomatoes (sliced)
- 1/2 bundle – Cilantro (leaves only – chopped)
- 1/2 bundle – Green Onion (cleaned and chopped – white and greens parts)
- 1 Whole Avocado (pitted and sliced)
- 4T – Olive Oil
- 4T – Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1-2 T – Cumin
- 1/4 – 1/2 t – Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 – 1/2 t – Black Pepper
- 1/4 t – Sea Salt (or more to taste!)
- Juice of 2-3 Limes
Whisk dressing ingredients together to combine. Pour over remaining ingredients, stir gently. Add avocado and chill for 30 minutes or more. If you plan to serve this later (1/2 day or more), add the avocado just before serving.
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.